When it comes to a traditional Indian wedding, a wedding saree or lehenga is the most important part of the wedding shopping because it is the main apparel of the new bride. Both saree and lehenga are considered vital items of clothing for the bride and a lot of religious and cultural sentiments are intertwined with it. But, with the innovation of fashion and style, a new type of bridal apparel has come into existence that blends the beauty of the lehenga with the elegance of the saree and these dresses are known as lehenga sarees. A lehenga style saree is usually 4.5 to 5.5 meters long and unlike a traditional saree it doesn't need to be pleated. On can simply tuck and drape the saree that makes it not only convenient, but also easy and time-saving.
Features of the bridal lehenga sareeThere are quite a few special features of the wedding lehenga sarees that makes it one of the most popular bridal apparels.
- Just like a traditional saree, the lehenga style sarees are also worn over a petticoat.
- The designer lehenga sarees are paired with a gorgeous blouse known as the choli.
- This choli is same as the choli of conventional lehengas.
- The choli are embellished with stones, beads, mirrors and zari.
- The style of the choli can be deep-neck, backless or halter-neck.
- In a lehenga saree, the front pleats are replaced with embellished panels or gotas that provide the impact of a flaring silhouette.
- The easy to wear stitched, and flared skirt comes with a zip at the side and is custom made to fit the measurements of the wearer.
- Some lehenga style sarees come with side hooks that help the skirt to sit snugly around the waist.
- The pallu is casually draped over the shoulders that give a dramatic effect to the appearance of the wearer.