There is no other outfit that is going to be as important as your bridal lehenga. It is the most special attire that you shall wear as you step into a new life with your husband. This is the dress that you have always dreamed about making you look your gorgeous best. There is no way you can compromise on this one and it has to be nothing less than perfect. A designer bridal lehenga must resonate with her personality and fashion sense. At the same time, it must enhance her feminine allure and natural beauty. Such an exquisite ensemble requires lots of research. It must be designed and selected with the utmost care. A bridal lehenga choli is all about the bride’s vision of herself and the designer’s efforts to bring her dream come true. If you are a bride-to-be, you are probably stressing out about bridal attire. We are here to help you out with some quirky lehenga trends that are expected to get bigger in 2019. Today, the millennial brides are all about experimenting. Gone are the days, when lehenga in the shades of red was all you needed for a complete bridal look. The modern-day bride is looking beyond a completely traditional look and wants something that goes with her modern choices with a tinge of tradition. Therefore, even the designers are committed to giving the traditional lehenga for women a quirky and contemporary makeover. With new styles, the designer bridal lehengas are both functional and modish. The fashion industry is giving new meaning to the luxury for women. There is an array of contemporary designs to choose from.
- Cape Lehengas: Cape lehengas are the newest addition to the designer lehenga collection and modern brides are loving it. Heavily embellished sheer capes add glistening oomph to your personality. The capes are a perfect replacement for a traditional dupatta and make for a sensational accompaniment to your most treasured attire. Capes can be of any size. From short ones to the extra long ones with a train, this piece of the garment only adds drama and style. Cape lehengas are a product of western influences. However, the ethnic zardozi or sequin motifs add a tinge of tradition.
- Lehengas with Peplum top: Lehenga choli is still the most loved attire of Indian women. However, girls with a contemporary sense of fashion are looking beyond traditions to create something unique that allows them to flaunt their statement style. Another trending lehenga choli design that is making the rounds in the fashion world and has often appeared in the top design couture collection is lehengas with a peplum top. This is any Sabyasachi fan’s dream. Peplum with a high collar or plunging neckline will make you look extraordinary and exceptional. Choose the right jewelry to pair with this astonishing attire and complete your Sabyasachi brides inspired lehenga.
- Statement blouse: A blouse is a key element of the lehenga. It can be a real deal breaker when it comes to the blouse of the lehengas. Women are experimenting and exploring new ideas to do their blouses and create a look of oh-so-appealing. From fancy necklines to statement sleeves, there are numerous ways to design a blouse for your lehenga and make sure you stand apart from the crowd. Retro sleeves, cold shoulder, strappy singlets, and cape sleeves are some of the variations you can try for your bridal lehenga choli. As for the neckline, high collar, heavily embellished collars, knotted blouse, dori blouse, and latkans are some raging trends.
- A riot of color: Long gone are the days when pink and red were considered bridal colors. Times are changing and women are not shy from flaunting their flamboyant choices and opulent taste. For girls who love bright hues and want to create their own unique statement, they are opting for fusion outfits that are created using several contrasting colors from the color palette. These outfits are not subtle at all and are a wild amalgamation of luminous and soft colors.
- Adventurous Silhouettes: If quirky is what you want, then Indian lehenga choli with unconventional patterns and silhouettes is what you need to create a unique look. Scalloped edged blouse or skirt, monotone lehengas, overlapping blouse and skirt, furry lehengas, pearl blouse, jacket and bustier lehenga, tasseled blouse, and unique drapes are some of the great trending lehenga choli silhouettes to try for your wedding or pre-wedding events.
- White is the new red: Red has taken a back seat; pristine white is the new red these days. The color that was once unacceptable as wedding wear is now creating quite a buzz. Bollywood divas and regular girls are choosing white over red to create their bridal look. The color so versatile looks extraordinary when paired up with any other contrasting hue. Brides are creating a radiant look for their summer weddings by pairing up white with eccentric or other chromatic colors like grey and black.
- Ivory is the new pink: After white has replaced red, the creamier version ivory is replacing pink. Just like white, women are loving this color to create a transcendental look for their wedding days. Ivory with gold and beige is a gorgeous combination that looks splendidly beautiful.
- Neon is forever: Speaking of colors, we all know that colors can make or break the attire. But if you are someone with a bold and edgy sense of fashion, you must take a chance with neon versions of your favorite colors. These are classy yet glamorous with just the right amount of oomph.