Spring and summer are a wonderful time to get married. The bright sunny days and clear blue skies act as a perfect backdrop for any fairytale wedding. However, rising temperature and the scorching sun makes it difficult to make the best of the radiant sunshine. Undoubtedly, the heat wave can cause a lot of inconvenience for the bride and groom and the wedding party. This is why the summer season is not considered the most popular time for weddings. The bridal attire is all about beautiful embellishments and ornamentation. Unfortunately, summer brides do not get the privilege of going all out with it because of how unpleasant it may feel against their skin. Nonetheless, every bride dream of dolling up with heavy-duty designer bridal lehenga and gorgeous Indian jewelry to look like an ethereal queen. But the key to looking majestic as a summer bride is not overdoing embellishments. Instead, it’s the opposite. Adding up vibrant colors and elegant motifs to your attire can do the trick and make you a dreamy look. If you are a summer bride and finding it overwhelming to choose the right wedding sarees or lehenga choli, then this guide will help you through it.
Experiment with your look on sangeet and mehndi:Do not get swayed away by trends. What is more important is you choose to wear what is true to your personality, style, and fashion sense. Therefore, experiment with new looks that resonate with your personality. The best time to do that is on sangeet and mehndi functions. At the same time, consider choosing styles that will keep you comfortable. An uneasy outfit will ruin all the fun and not let you enjoy your best days of life.
1. Choose light-weighted designer bridal lehenga:Summers is not the best time to deck yourself up with heavily embellished lehengas. Therefore, it is best to choose a weather-appropriate lehenga that will keep you comfortable throughout the many rituals. Make sure that the weight is minimal, and it is easy to carry around. Even if you choose a wedding saree, make sure that it is lightweight and keeps you cool even on a hot day.
2. Select breathable fabrics:The key to selecting a light-weight lehenga is to choose breathable fabrics. For summer weddings, the ideal fabrics according to the designers are organza, georgettes, net, and chiffon. Not only are these fabrics light in weight, but they offer a beautiful flowy silhouette and keeps the body temperature cool. Even on the most humid days, it will keep from irritating your skin and make you look your gorgeous best at all times.
3. Ditch deep customary colors:Red and maroon have been customary colors for traditional events like weddings and poojas. However, times have changed, and unconventional colors are gaining more prominence. Pastels have replaced the luminous pink, red, and oranges, and have now found a special place in bridal repertoires. Pastels are all about elegance and grace. They have a mystical charm to enhance the feminine allure effortlessly. Colors such as icy blue, dusty pink, sage green, dull pink, coral peach, and more are dominating the Indian wedding fashion wear. This is the reason why women are choosing more of pastel colors over the traditional reds and pinks. Moreover, colors that were once prohibited from auspicious occasions like white and ivory are ruling the charts now. Another unusual color that brides are using to reinvent Indian bridal wear is black. Brides are opting such colors by teaming them up with vibrant colorful embroidery and making a statement of their own.
4. Select unconventional blouse:Summers are the best time to experiment with some sassy blouse styles. For an easy-breezy look, try some glamorous blouse style with your wedding sarees or lehenga choli. Stylish blouses are another trending number that is being aggressively reinvented. Interesting silhouettes like off-the-shoulder, cape sleeves, jackets, peplum top, frills, and ruffles are all over the place and they are creating quite a scintillating look. You can go one step further by opting bejeweled or crystal studded blouse necklines. Such stunning styles are definitely going to make you look like a million dollar on your big day.
5. Stick to florals:If you are confused about which motifs will look the best in summers, then it is best to stick to floral patterns. Prints, embroideries, motifs, and embellishments inspired by flora and fauna, and floret and foliage designs have an unmatchable feminine charm that will never disappoint you. Delicate flower patterns are apt for bridal wear sarees or lehengas. Resplendent and dainty in their appeal, these patterns have the ability to add youthful charm to the wearer.
6. Mirror work, Bandhani, and embroidery:For spring, summer bridal wear embellishments like bandhani, mirror work, and embroidery are the best. Even though they are subtle, they have a grandeur appeal. Blended with luminous and happy colors, bandhani and mirror work looks incredibly delightful and pleasing to the eyes.
7. Trendy silhouettes:Since millennial brides are all about experimentation and new things, they are exploring new silhouettes for their wedding wear. Trendy corsets, sharara pants, ruffled sarees, long cape sleeves, and puffed sleeves are some of the best ways to stand out in the crowd and set new trends. Opt for flowy and breezy outfits and avoid layering to stay cool and still look like a stunner.
More tips to look gorgeous in your summer weddingApart from these styling tips, you must ensure that:
- You do not leave your hair open. Style your hair into a half-tie hairstyle or buns.
- Keep your makeup minimal. Do not overdo it and choose soft shades for lip colors and eye shadows. Also, make sure the makeup your stylist uses is waterproof and does not run down due to humidity.
- Ditch heavy jewelry for minimal Indian jewelry. This will keep you relaxed and allow your skin to breathe freely.
- Finally, choose lighter dupattas and avoid picking the heavy ones. This will let you move easily and freely.