The New Year brings with it, its share of trends and fads. If you are someone who is an avid follower of fashion and cannot do without implementing a trend or two to your daily scheme of things, well you have come to the right place! Here we are going to discuss the exact trends that are going to keep the fashion fever alive and kicking this year. When it comes to Indian ethnic wear, there are far too many choices to explore. Don’t you think Indian wear caters well to the vagaries of Indian weather? For example, I will have to include a crisp white kurta for my summer shenanigans. Right from summer brunches to an impromptu party, I’ll either dress up or dress down the versatile kurta and good to go for most events and occasions. Get my point? So, now that we have already discussed the versatility of Indian dresses, let’s find out some of the superstar pieces that are going to rock your fashion world this year! Indian Dresses – Add these to your Wardrobe with Immediate Effect! Amp your wardrobe with these too-hot-too-ignore and soon-to-be fashion favorites! Ignore these trends at your own risk!
- It’s a monochrome world – Everything is not black and white, right? But when it comes to fashion trends, it certainly is. And the monochrome saree is one trend I am currently doting on. Team your bold monochrome saree with a contrast blouse, while red is an eternal favorite, hot pink is what is catching my eye, thanks to some uber cool celebrities who are sporting this look. A backless blouse, smokey eyes, stacks of silver jewelry and you are all set to set hearts flutter!
- Shararas are the new Palazzos – Last year it was the year of palazzos and this year it is all about the shararas. Thankfully, there’s nothing skinny about the comfortable shararas. One garment where you could literally be footloose and fancy-free! Comfortable to boot, it is your go-to summer wear. Pair it with a short kurti, Pile on your favorite accessories and round it off with juttis and your ethnic game would be what stuff fashion fables are made of!
- Ruffles are the way to go – Ruffles are the way to go this season. They add a lot of drama and flair to your attire, no matter where you can find them on your sleeves, or on your ethnic skirt, it looks beautiful and alluring and it is so different from the regular fare. Your wedding look is sorted for sure. If you want to take the slightly different route, pair your ruffle skirt with a shirt. It’s offbeat yet a total scene stealer!
- Floral lehengas – I have a fascination for floral everything! And when you add this to your lehngas, your ethnic wear gets a major upgrade. Buy ethnic wear online and steal a page or two from your favorite celebrity’s lookbook. This look works fell for most festivities such as mehndi, haldi and for the wedding night too! Wear your lehngas with a snazzy crop top or a cape.
- Long shrugs or jackets – Jackets are terrific for the winter months but jackets for summer? You’ve got to be kidding! That’s the first thought that comes to your mind, right? But long shrugs are the in thing this season! A long shrug made of mulmul or flimsy cotton works well with a crop top and trousers. Layering can be so much fun if done right!
- Crop top and skirt – When in doubt wear a crop top with a skirt and it is a perfect option to wear for a formal occasion and also for casual outings. Traditional cholis are passé’ now and have been replaced by crop tops. These amp up a boring staid look. Choose one which suits your body type the most. Flaunt away to glory to the next party you go to!
- Saree with a crop top – Sadly, the blouses in my wardrobe is now found in the furthest corner’ cause I am completely in love with crop tops now, more so, when I pair with my sarees, it adds the quirk factor to the sarees, which was formerly missing. Cold shoulder, sleeveless with back cutouts, tops with ruffles or flared sleeves all makes decking up in ethnic wear so much fun! I keep adding these crop tops with flared sleeves to my wardrobe and the other thing I do is drape the saree in a different way, sometimes even like a dhoti. This is a celebrity-approved trend you cannot afford to miss out on! The next time you have a brunch to attend, wear a pastel-hued chiffon and pair it with a stylish crop top! You will be amazed at the effect it has on the onlookers!