India has a rich tradition of ethnic wear that had be adorned and flourished for ages by kings and royalties who were definitely in love with their luxurious silks, intricate embroideries, handmade detailing on the fabrics and flowing fabrics. Modern day fashion is thankful to India's rich ethnic treasure and it derives plentiful inspiration from it. When it comes to ethnic wear for women, the options are endless. There are a plethora of gorgeous and beautiful sarees in various fabrics and designs along with lovely lehenga choli
and trendy lehenga sarees that make women look sensuous and beautiful.
Salwar kameez suits are yet another popular traditional wear that has made a strong footing not only in India but around the world. The salwar kameez is a three piece apparel that combines style and convenience and allows the wearer to move around freely and perform various types of tasks which are not possible in case of sarees. The salwar kameez suits
made its appearance in India and Pakistan during the 12th century. The primary influence of the outfit came from Persian and Mongolian styles. The appearance of the salwar kameez has evolved through the ages in accordance with current style and fashion.
Tips for Choosing the Best Stylish and Trendy Salwar Kameez Suit Online
With the increasing popularity of online shopping, buying designer salwar kameez suits has become a matter of minutes. These helpful tips will aid you in selecting the best stylish salwar kameez online.
Type of Salwar Kameez
- Before getting on with selecting salwar kameez suits online, it is important to have some knowledge about the various types of salwar kameez suits. Some of the most popular salwar kameez suit styles are Anarkali salwar kameez
, Patiala salwar kameez, designer salwar kameez suits, printed salwar kameez, silk salwar kameez, Punjabi salwar kameez suits, Churidar salwar kameez and bridal salwar kameez. All these salwar kameez suits have different levels of formality and you should choose your salwar kameez in accordance with the occasion or event you will be wearing it to.
Selecting the Right Size
- When buying stylish salwar kameez suits online, it is important to select one that fits you perfectly. You can ensure the fit by looking carefully into the measurements with the help of conversion charts or formulas provided with the product description. Choose a salwar kameez with a comfortable fit. A too tight salwar kameez will make you look odd and plumper. Choose long salwar kameez suits if you want to look taller. Go for half or long sleeves if you want to hide heavy arms. In order to take away the attention from the thick waist, wear a straight cut salwar kameez. If you have a slim figure, then opt for flowing Anarkali salwar kameez.
The fabric of the Salwar Kameez
- The most important feature of salwar kameez suits is their level of comfort and convenience. Modern, trendy salwar kameez suits come in a wide range of fabrics, but it is for you to decide which fabric will suit you best and provide utmost comfort. You can opt for breathable fabrics such as cotton, cotton silk, tissue, net, crepe and chiffon for summer and choose more elaborate fabrics like tussar and brocade during winter.
Churidar or Salwar
- Salwar kameez suits designs come in two basic types of bottoms - churidars
and salwar. While churidars are close fitted bottoms that sit snugly on the legs and accentuate the contours of the legs, salwar is comparatively loose fitted and more comfortable. Although, both the varieties are very popular and quite in fashion it is best to pair churidar with long kameez and salwar with short kurtas and kurtis.
Sleeves or Sleeveless
- This is one of the greatest points of confusion while buying salwar kameez online. Many women get confused whether they should opt for sleeveless salwar kameez or half sleeve salwar kameez. Women with heavier arms should go for half or full sleeve salwar kameez to accentuate a trim and lean look. Women with broad shoulders should avoid puffed sleeves because it makes the shoulders appear broader.
- Traditional colors such as maroon, green, blue and red salwar kameez suits not only make one look stunning, but also makes one appear slimmer and looks gorgeous on most women. Although, trendy colors such as cool neons and lovely pastels are quite popular nowadays; they are better suited if you have a fair complexion.
Embroideries and Embellishments
– The embroideries and embellishments present on the salwar kameez can actually make or break you whole look, it is important to select the embroideries with great care. Simple and light zardozi work at the hem and edges of the sleeves renders an elegant and classy appearance, ideal for a party, Sangeet or Mahendi. Whereas, salwar kameez suits with heavy embroideries, beadwork, mirror work, crystal and sequin embellishments are suitable for a wedding ceremony that provides a royal and gorgeous feel.
Hope these 7 easy tips will guide you in selecting and buying the perfect stylish salwar kameez that will seamlessly complement your looks and add charm and grace to your appearance.