Color blocking is the raging fashion trend in east and west. The 60s and 80s trend made a comeback in the year 2018 and has taken the global fashion industry by a storm. The trend is expected to get bigger in 2019, especially during the Spring season. For all those who are familiar with this fashion, color blocking may sound simple, but it is for those who love to make a statement of their own. It’s an incredible way to stand out in the crowd in the most fashionable way. Color blocking is used in tops, dresses, gowns, tunics, footwear, handbags, jewelry and more.
After creating a buzz in the west, the trend has found its way in India’s ethnic wear market. Many designers are exploring the potential of this trend and using it to create impressive color block trend in salwar kameez, sarees, lehenga choli designs, and color block designer bridal lehenga
. The results are surprisingly impressive. This trend has reinvented the ethnic wear and transformed the monotonous appeal of traditional garments. The trend has given it a new outlook. Color blocking outfits are quite an effortless way of styling yourself. To flaunt this fashion, either you find yourself a pre-set designer piece or simply pull out two or more contrasting garments to create that effect.
What is Color Blocking?
Before you explore the latest lehengas online
, it’s important to understand what is color blocking all about. Color blocking refers to an ensemble that consists of two or more blocks of colors that belong to the opposite color charts. However, there are several versions of this trend that suggests that these colors can be contrasting or complementing. In simple words, it is combining two or more colors to fit in one attire.
Tips to Use Color Blocking in Ethnic Wear
It’s relatively a new trend that has made a comeback after decades. You may have not even existed when it first evolved into a fashion statement in the 60s and 80s. Therefore, chances are that it might get confusing. Here are a few tips to use color blocking in ethnic wear lehenga for women and young girls.
- Choosing colors for color block for lehengas, sarees and other ethnic wear garments can be tricky. Hence, it is suggested to pair colors that you feel comfortable in and is flattering to your complexion. You must feel your confident best in the colors chosen for your color block lehenga choli design, salwar kameez, sarees, kurtis and more.
- Stick to solid colors and avoid mixing it with prints.
- If you can’t find the perfect combination, then select one neutral and a complementing bright color. It is easier to color block using white and blacks with bright colors.
- You do not have to restrict the color blocking technique to your garments. You can explore the potential of the trend by color blocking using shoes, accessories, belts, and more.
- For lehengas, you can wear a bright colored blouse with a vibrant colored skirt and the dupatta can be either a third color or a combination of the two colors of your outfit.
- A tri-color lehenga choli design is the best option to look graceful and stylish using this edgy trend.
- If you are a newbie, don’t choose more than three colors. It’s perfect for creating a color block impact and avoid any faux pas.
- Too many bright colors together can result in a fashion disaster. So, try to create a balance when choosing the colors.
- You can get creative with this trend; however, you must avoid going overboard.
Color Block Combinations that Look Great on Indian Skin
Color Block is relatively a new trend when it comes to Indian wear. While many Bollywood celebrities have been spotted wearing these dresses, it is still not as popular among the general crowd. Whether it’s a designer bridal lehenga, a wedding saree, a bridesmaids’ lehenga choli design or a party-wear salwar kameez,
it is important to choose color block combinations carefully. Here are some ideas that look perfect on Indian Skin.
- Black and Gold
- Beige and Red
- Mint Green and Candy Pink with metallic thread work.
- Butter Yellow and mint lehenga with a soft pink dupatta
- Pink and Indigo Blue with golden gottapatti work
- Rust red and navy blue
- Yellow and red
- Fiery orange and Cyan blue with a hint of pink color
- Raging red with bright pink
- Cobalt Blue with Green Borders
- Emerald Green and royal blue
- Yellow and Grey
- Mustard Yellow combined with red
- Sage Green and Magenta
- Maroon and Gold
- Off-white with a variety of colors like pink, blue, red, orange, gold and more
The above-mentioned are a few tried and tested combinations that are certainly going to enhance the natural beauty of an Indian woman. If you are new to this trend and rummaging through several bridal lehenga collections
for that perfect attire, then these combinations are your best bet. These combinations will not disappoint you and allow you to flaunt your flawless sense of style. These colors are great for Indian complexion and it can accentuate the natural facial features. Also, these colors are perfect for all the festive occasions.
In every Indian outfit, colors play an important role. Depending on the occasion, it is important to choose the colors wisely that will fit social standards. Even though modern Indian women are now breaking the cultural boundaries and experimenting with the new, they are still rooted in their traditions. Whether you are a bride or a wedding guest, the first step is to choose colors of the attire. This definitely makes it much easier selecting the perfect designer bridal lehenga or a wedding saree. So, now that you know all about color block trend in ethnic wear and trending color combinations, its time to explore some lehenga online shops. Let us know your favorite pick for the next big event in the comments section below.