The saree is the ultimate timeless Indian ethnic wear that has been worn by Indian women for centuries. This attire has not only withstood the test of time but has come up as one of the most fashionable apparel in modern times as well. Being extremely versatile apparel, it has been always open to innovations and modern influences which ultimately lead to the creation of trendy and stylish fashion designer sarees
that are suitable for not only traditional occasions and ceremonies, but also for formal events and parties. Let us take a look at the various innovative ways in which the whole six-yard-long attire has transformed into a modern fashion statement with an ethnic twist.
6 Modern and Trendy Fashion Statements with Sarees
Traditional and ethnic sarees will surely get a complete and trendy makeover with these 6 popular fashion statements that have been promoted by renowned Bollywood celebrities.
Lehenga style Saree
- Lehenga style sarees present a harmonious blend of the two most popular Indian traditional apparels - saree and lehenga. It is the latest saree fashion in Bollywood and popular celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Rani Mukherjee, and others are seen flaunting it in events and functions. This attire blends functionality with style and is best suited for the modern women who have a fast-paced lifestyle. The lehenga saree cuts out the hassles of draping and forming pleats. You just need to slip on the pre-stitched lehenga
bottom and drape the long saree style pallu in order to complete the look.
Sarees Teamed with Jackets
- The latest saree fashion is pairing your traditional sarees with a smart short jacket instead of the same old blouse or choli. This fashion trend has been popularized by famous B-Town celebs like Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor. The intricately embroidered jackets come with high collars that give an elegant and vintage touch to the apparel. The gorgeous jackets look best teamed with nude and simple sarees in light colors.
- Enough of the zari work and thread work. It’s time to give a complete makeover to the traditional sarees with quirky and unique prints that speak for your personal style and free spirit. Bold and beautiful prints are the latest fashion for women in sarees that make a strong and definite style statement. You can opt for floral prints, peacock prints, geometric patterns and retro animal prints. But you need to be confident and self-assured in order to carry off this daring style with elegance. Be careful not to go over the top with the patterns and prints.
- Although, this is not exactly a saree or saree style apparel, but it’s worth a mention in this list because of this trendy style and widespread popularity. The saree gown is a semi-formal party gown that is inspired by the traditional saree. These gowns feature a flowing pallu and separately stitched pleats. The figure-hugging fit of the gown accentuates the curves while the traditional aura of the saree enhances the soft and delicate feminine features which are not possible in case of a formal gown, that is all about practicality. Flaunt your fun and playful side with this suave and smart saree style gown.
Lace and Net Sarees
- Light and sexy net and lace sarees are the most popular Bollywood fashion sarees that enhance the charm and appeal of the wearer by revealing a bit and leaving the rest to imagination. Daring French lace sarees adds a vintage twist to the traditional wear. Lace is a popular fabric that has been ruling the fashion world for ages and not it has blended with Indian traditional wear in order to form a sensual and gorgeous outfit ideal for the daring woman. Net sarees are an all-time favorite with celebrities that add sensuous and enigmatic touch to the overall appearance and come in a plethora of light and dark shades.
Bright Floral Prints
- Modern women are mostly conspicuous about floral prints because in most cases this saree type seems to be too over the top for formal events and occasions. But the modern elegant and sophisticated floral print sarees in chiffon or crepe fabric are considered one of the best party wear sarees
because they are sober and stylish at the same time. It lets you show off a unique and out of the box fashion statement that makes you the center of attraction at parties and events. It can also be worn during the morning ceremonies at weddings. The lively and vibrant floral prints allow you to experiment with a wide array of colors.
Add a trendy twist to your traditional outfit by incorporating these fashion statements in your saree wearing style and opt for fashion saree online shopping from reliable online stores to be in tune with the current fashion trends and styles.
Image Credits: fashionlady.in, hunarz.files.wordpress.com, touch18.com