Pakistan is known for its rich and colorful tradition, and traditional Pakistani clothing reflects the culture of Pakistan, where we can also notice influences of the cultures from Punjab, Kashmir, Sindh and Pashtun. The type and design of clothing are influenced by the weather conditions and the way of living of the people who reside there. The dressing of the residents provides them the unique identity. The national dress of Pakistan is salwar kameez
and the basic Pakistani salwar kameez consists of a loose trouser or salwar paired with a shirt or tunic called the quameez or kameez. Women cover their head with a stole or scarf known as a dupatta. Pakistani salwar kameez are made from a wide range of exquisite material like cotton, silk, chiffon, etc. and have attractive designs and embellishments.
10 Best Fashion Designs in Pakistani Salwar Kameez
In this article, we have shortlisted the 10 most popular and widely worn Pakistani salwar kameez fashion.
- Lawn suits are the most popular Pakistani salwar kameez
design that is worn by women throughout the summer season. The lawn fabric is a sheer and lightweight cotton fabric with a silky texture. The Pakistani lawn suits have a straight long kameez made of superior quality lawn fabric along with a matching Churidar and chiffon dupatta. The suits are decorated with intricate zari, sequins, thread embroidery and bead work. The embellishment is more concentrated around the neck and bottom hemline. The lawn suits are also available in silk and georgette material in summer cool colors like light pink, lemon yellow, mint green, beige, and gray and mauve.
Patiala Shalwar Kameez
- The Patiala shalwar kameez is an important dress of Pakistani shalwar kameez fashion. Pakistani Patiala shalwar kameez consists of fitted short or long tunics or kurtis paired with beautifully pleated loose Patiala pants and a chiffon or silk dupatta. The kameez are adorned with exquisitely embroidered design. This outfit is worn as a casual dress as it offers absolute freedom of movement. The Patiala shalwar kameez is available in delicate color combinations such as pastel pink, fuchsia, light green, light yellow, mauve, golden and beige that are ideal for all types of events and occasions.
Straight Long Shalwar Kameez
- The straight long shalwar kameez is one of the classic designs of Pakistani shalwar kameez for ladies that has a versatile appeal and is worn by women of all ages. The kameez has a straight cut, and its length is usually 2 inches above the ankle. It is paired with a Churidar bottom and matching or contrasting chiffon or silk dupatta. This particular design is immensely popular with women because it renders a lean and slim appearance to the wearer. The kameez is embellished with zari embroidery, sequin and stone work. These shalwar kameez are available in cotton, chiffon, georgette and silk material and a wide array of colors.
Sharara Shalwar Kameez -
The Sharara style salwar kameez is another popular party wear Pakistani dress shalwar kameez which brings about a welcome variation to the same old churidars and shalwar. The Sharara kameez has a straight-to-flare silhouette and makes the wearer appear taller along with a parallel or palazzo pant
. These shalwar kameez are elegantly adorned with light zari or stone work and the material used is high-quality chiffon or georgette. They look best in deep color combination of deep pink and black, red and black and deep green and maroon.
- The sherwani suit is an elegant Pakistani shalwar kameez design that is suitable for the modern women of today who like to flaunt a smart and sleek look. The kameez has a high collar and long length that goes way below the knee. It is paired with a Churidar and matching chiffon dupatta that looks best on one shoulder rather than draped around the neck. These salwar kameez have detailed zari and mirror work on the neckline and collar and on the hemline at the bottom and are available in silk, cotton, georgette, crepe and chiffon fabric in neon colors like neon pink, green, yellow and electric blue.
Jacket Style Suit -
The jacket style suit is an exquisitely designed Pakistani dresses shalwar kameez that renders a royal and sophisticated look to the wearer and adds a classic feel to the overall appearance. The outfit consists of a beautifully embroidered sleeveless jacket that is nipped at the waist and is worn over a flowing Anarkali
or straight suit that is embellished at the bottom hemline and paired with a snug Churidar. A dupatta is optional in this case. These suits are available in cotton and silk option and look best in bright colors like red, black, white and golden.
Floor Length Suit
- The fashionable full-length suits are an amazing design of salwar kameez Pakistani girls and women wear on special occasions. The full-length suits are the hottest runway trend this season that is taking the Bollywood fashion industry by storm. The full-length suits are usually full-sleeved, straight cut or Anarkali suits that are paired with a simple Churidar
and contrasting dupatta. These suits have detailed zari, sequin and stone work around the neck, the bottom hemline and sleeves. These suits are available in superior quality georgette and chiffon material with a sheer net layer. The full-length suits are available in a wide range of colors.
- The Anarkali suits
are one of the classical styles of Pakistani shalwar kameez for women that have become immensely popular not only in India but also around the world. It is a flattering design that looks good on almost all body shapes. The Anarkali suit has a fitted shape till the waist and then it emerges into a flowing and flared silhouette. Usually, there are heavy embellishments in the lower half of the Anarkali while the upper part is kept simple. It is paired with a Churidar and matching dupatta in net or chiffon fabric.
Short Flared Shalwar Kameez
- The short flared shalwar kameez is inspired by the Anarkali, but the kameez is much shorter in length, up to the knee which makes it an amazing and stylish casual Pakistani shalwar kameez that can be worn for any occasion. The kameez is paired with Churidar or straight pants and matching dupatta. These shalwar kameez are available in bright printed and embroidered cotton, georgette, crepe and silk material.
Short Straight Shalwar Kameez
- The short straight shalwar kameez is an all-time favorite of Pakistani women because it is simple and elegant and provides a lean and sleek appearance to the wearer. The kameez has a fitted silhouette and is up to the knee length. It is paired with fitted churidar and dupatta and can be worn anywhere. These shalwar kameez are available in a wide range of material which makes them suitable for daily use.
So, now that you know the most popular and trendy Pakistani shalwar kameez designs; adopt them in your personal style and be a trendsetter among your friends and family.
Image Credits: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com, manndola.com, 3.imimg.com, cdn.shopify.com