Our country is famous all around the world for its rich and cultural heritage and glorious and traditional outfits that hail from different regions. Various famous international designers draw inspiration for their innovative creations from the traditional attires of India and sarees, lehenga choli and salwar suits
are some of the most popular traditional Indian dresses
that not only rules the Indian fashion front, but also the international fashion platform. Women across the world greatly prefer Indian traditional dresses and elegant anarkali suits holds an important place in the heart of the modern woman who likes to flaunt a simplistic and yet gorgeous fashion that will turn heads without making her appear too decked up.
A Brief History of the Anarkali Suit
The anarkali suits
have always been the favourite attire of B-Town celebs, and this outfit first came into the limelight in the epic movie ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ where the timeless beauty Madhubala adorned this royal dress. Following the success of this movie, anarkali dresses were extensively worn by other actresses like Rekha, Parveen Babi, Sridevi and Jayaprada during the 1970's and 80's. The designer anarkali suits
have once again made a strong comeback in the fashion front thanks to Bollywood celebs like Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone and Anushka Sharma, who are embracing this royal attire with open arms. But anarkali suits have a rich and colourful history that dates back to the Mughal era. Anarkali suits were originally adorned by the women of Pakistan and the Middle East, and it was introduced to India by the Mughals. The Mughal queens and courtesans used to were these elegant and stately anarkali suits and this trend has thus surpassed the boundaries of time and culture and still remains one of the most exquisite outfits loved even by the fashion-forward women of modern times.
Types of Designer Anarkali Suits
With the progress of style and fashion, renowned designers have brought about some changes and innovations in the traditional anarkali to make them more stylish, appealing and attractive that will be suitable for the contemporary women of today. There are various types of designer anarkalis that one can choose from. Designer Cotton Anarkali Suits
- One of the most important things that the designers of today keep in their minds while designing an outfit is its level of comfort and functionality along with style and soothing and elegant cotton anarkalis are the best blend of both. Cotton anarkalis are extremely comfortable, lightweight and best suited for daily wear. They come in a plethora of bright colors, designs and patterns and are reasonably priced. Women with sensitive skin or those prone to skin allergies should opt for cotton anarkalis. Designer Silk Anarkali Suits
- The latest designer anarkali suits in rich silk are ideal for weddings, reception parties and family occasions. These anarkalis have a gorgeous and fancy design in order to provide a royal look and allows the wearer to stand out from the rest of the crowd. Designer silk anarkalis are embellished with intricate zardozi, embroidery, mirror work and golden zari which can be paired with glittering jewellery to complete the authentic traditional look. Above all, silk anarkalis are extremely easy to maintain. Designer Bridal Anarkali Suits
- What better way to look stunning and gorgeous on the wedding day than by wearing a regal and elegant floor length anarkali suit paired with matching dupatta? The wedding Anarkali suits
are heavily embellished with stone work, patchwork, embroidery, kundan, sequins and zari to provide a graceful and royal touch to the entire appearance of the bride and can be matched with heavy gold and stone jewellery. Bridal anarkali suits are available in a wide range of designs and color combinations. Designer Party Wear Anarkali Suits
- The only outfit that comes to our mind when we think of a party is a formal dress. But trendy and stylish anarkali suits specially designed for parties can make you a new trendsetter among the crowd. Gorgeous partywear Anarkali suits
are manufactured using rich fabrics like chiffon, net, brocade and georgette and come in a wide array of eye-catching colors that will surely make the wearer the centre of attraction at parties and functions. Party wear anarkalis are available in all price range. Designer Pakistani Anarkali Suits
- Long and flowing Pakistani anarkali suits with rich flares are famous all over the world for their exclusive designs and elegant embellishments. The traditional-style anarkalis provide a glimpse of the rich Pakistani tradition and blends it with a stylish and gorgeous look. Pakistani anarkali suits are ideal for women who like to wear something classy and unique.
Amaze your family and friends with your extensive knowledge about the history and types of anarkali suits and be a trendsetter among the crowd by purchasing unique and spectacular designer anarkali suits online or from physical stores. Image Credits: unnatiexports.com