What better way to flaunt your desi looks than by adorning a glamorous and vibrant Punjabi dress? The famous Punjabi suits or Salwar suits are the traditional attire worn by women in the Punjab region. The traditional Punjabi suits consists of a three-part clothing - a short shirt type fitted tunic or kameez worn over a pair of baggy and loose fitted trousers secured at the waist known as salwar and a matching long scarf or dupatta. The scarf is usually draped over the left shoulder and tied under the right. The modern designer Punjabi suits have retained the original style of the outfit along with some stylish and chic innovations which makes it one of the favorite traditional attire of the modern Indian woman.
The Punjabi salwar kameez has a more or less simple and sleek design with a knee length, fitted tunic that is adorned with intricate needlework known as Phulkari. Other types of embellishments such as intricate sequin work, gota, zari, beads, stone and lace work in also common. The speciality of Punjabi Salwar suits lies in the design of the salwar. The distinguishing Characteristics of an authentic Punjabi salwar suit is the type of salwar that is provided with the kameez. A traditional Punjabi kameez is usually paired with a flowing and pleated Patiala salwar also known as the “Pattianwalee salwar”. This salwar type has its roots in the city of Patiala in the northern region of Punjab. The Patiala is a royal dress that is stitched with numerous pleats which give it a baggy and voluminous look. Such salwar requires the double length of dress material compared to normal salwar. Like other traditional salwar, the Patiala salwar too is secured at the waist by drawstrings. It is paired with a short, body-hugging tunic that makes it an absolutely comfortable wear for all seasons.
The elegant and classy Punjabi suits collection from Lashkaraa is specially designed for multipurpose use. The suave and smart cotton suits are the ideal choice for the working women of today who like to keep it stylish and chic without compromising on comfort, whereas the gorgeous silk and georgette Punjabi suits featuring heavy embroidery and embellishments are the best choice for traditional ceremonies and occasions, and it stands as the perfect substitute for a saree.
Shop for authentic Punjabi suits online from Lashkaraa.com and be prepared to turn heads and win admiring glances with your unique style statement.
To avail the Eid Promise offer:
- You must place your order by May 12, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
- Only Items with the Eid Promise text are eligible for Eid Promise guarantee.
- In case of measurement clarifications, you must respond to our email within 24 hours in the case you have provided any incorrect measurements. If you delay responding to your email, you are delaying the processing of your order and Eid Promise may no longer be applicable on your order the longer you delay confirmation.
- Orders which are getting delayed due to product change requests or hold order requests, initiated by the customer, are not eligible for Eid Promise.
- If we are unable to ship your order due to delays on our end, we will provide you with a store credit of the order value.
You purchase a dress for $120 and we are unable to ship your order by Eid. We will still dispatch your order and also give you a $120 store credit with us to use on another order, essentially fulfilling your order for FREE!
If you choose for a refund option direct to your form of payment, we will refund the payment back to you and cancel your order - no items will be shipped.
- If the product being unavailable due to quality check issues or the product not being able to be stitched to your provided custom measurements, we will let you know within 72 hours of order placement and also request you to select an alternative Eid Promise product to assure you have an outfit for Eid. If you do not select any alternative product, we will refund and cancel your order.
- Lashkaraa is not liable for delayed package deliveries caused by holidays, bad weather conditions, customs delays in your country, political turbulence or any other unexpected delays experienced by the shipping carrier. We do not own the shipping companies and have no control over these unexpected delays.
To avail the Diwali Promise offer:
- You must place your order by October 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
- Only Items with the Diwali Promise text are eligible for Diwali Promise guarantee.
- In case of measurement clarifications, you must respond to our email within 24 hours in the case you have provided any incorrect measurements. If you delay in responding to our email, you are delaying the processing of your order and Diwali Promise will no longer be applicable on your order.
- Orders which are getting delayed due to product change requests or hold order requests, initiated by the customer, are not eligible for Diwali Promise.
- Orders which are delayed due to payment clearance (i.e: Paypal e-check payment) are not eligible for DIwali Promise.
- If we are unable to ship your order due to any unforeseen delays or circumstances, you will be made aware a minimum of 10 days prior to Diwali that your order may be delayed and we will offer you a $50 store credit to use on a future purchase as well.