Winters are just around the corner and your winter wardrobe is not complete if it doesn’t have an evergreen woolen shawl. Traditionally, a shawl was a loosely worn item of clothing that is draped around the shoulders, arms and upper body to stay warm in winters. They have been popular among both men and women. However, with evolving fashion, shawls became more than just an extra layer of clothing. It became a fashion statement that adds pure elegance to even the simplest of attires. Its timeless appeal makes it an eternal favorite among women.
Shawl, the name comes from a Persian word “Shal.” While the origin of the garment dates to 700 years ago, there is no clear information about where the first shawl was made. However, the art of weaving a shawl was introduced in the 14th century in Kashmir Valley. The drape was not only popular among the locals, but it was worn and promoted by royal kings of Mughal period, too.
This garment is loosely worn to cover the upper body or head in the winters but with changing times women prefer just throwing it over the shoulder as an addition to their outfit that adds grace and class. In India and on a global scale, ladies shawl has a huge market. The country is popular for manufacturing of this gorgeous garment that speaks volumes about rich handicraft and textile industries of India. The regional designs and embroideries make every garment a unique piece of art.
Different types of shawls for women
Kashmir valley of India is the biggest manufacturer of shawls from Pashmina wool. Among all another type of shawls, Kashmiri ones are the most popular and loved. A pashmina shawl is a superior quality shawl made from the wool of Asian mountain goat and is popular worldwide. These shawls are known for its finesse, softness, silkiness, and warmth. The intricate embroidery and needlework on the pashmina make it even more exquisite and luxuriant. The finer and delicate details add to the plush appeal of the garment. Pashmina is one of the many forms of Cashmere shawls. These are the best and made of 100% genuine “pashm” wool.
Among other kinds of the shawl, Kashmiri shawls are quite a rage. They are characterized by the “cone” pattern and elaborate designs. Knit shawls made of knit lace are also a reminder of India’s rich textile industry. These are the shawls which are knitted from the neck down to keep the upper body covered. They are available in beautiful colors and are extremely warm.
If you are planning to buy a shawl for your winter wardrobe, Lashkaraa has a variety of ladies’ shawl to choose from. From embroidered shawl to shawls for dresses, there is a huge range of opulently designed drapes that will complete your winter look for a party, evening dinner, traditional ceremonies and more. The intricately embroidered garment is available in elegant colors like wine red, emerald green, royal blue, posh black, and more. So, what’s the need to step outside when you can indulge in shawls online shopping at Lashkaraa.
To avail the Eid Promise offer:
- You must place your order by May 12, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
- Only Items with the Eid Promise text are eligible for Eid Promise guarantee.
- In case of measurement clarifications, you must respond to our email within 24 hours in the case you have provided any incorrect measurements. If you delay responding to your email, you are delaying the processing of your order and Eid Promise may no longer be applicable on your order the longer you delay confirmation.
- Orders which are getting delayed due to product change requests or hold order requests, initiated by the customer, are not eligible for Eid Promise.
- If we are unable to ship your order due to delays on our end, we will provide you with a store credit of the order value.
You purchase a dress for $120 and we are unable to ship your order by Eid. We will still dispatch your order and also give you a $120 store credit with us to use on another order, essentially fulfilling your order for FREE!
If you choose for a refund option direct to your form of payment, we will refund the payment back to you and cancel your order - no items will be shipped.
- If the product being unavailable due to quality check issues or the product not being able to be stitched to your provided custom measurements, we will let you know within 72 hours of order placement and also request you to select an alternative Eid Promise product to assure you have an outfit for Eid. If you do not select any alternative product, we will refund and cancel your order.
- Lashkaraa is not liable for delayed package deliveries caused by holidays, bad weather conditions, customs delays in your country, political turbulence or any other unexpected delays experienced by the shipping carrier. We do not own the shipping companies and have no control over these unexpected delays.
To avail the Diwali Promise offer:
- You must place your order by October 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
- Only Items with the Diwali Promise text are eligible for Diwali Promise guarantee.
- In case of measurement clarifications, you must respond to our email within 24 hours in the case you have provided any incorrect measurements. If you delay in responding to our email, you are delaying the processing of your order and Diwali Promise will no longer be applicable on your order.
- Orders which are getting delayed due to product change requests or hold order requests, initiated by the customer, are not eligible for Diwali Promise.
- Orders which are delayed due to payment clearance (i.e: Paypal e-check payment) are not eligible for DIwali Promise.
- If we are unable to ship your order due to any unforeseen delays or circumstances, you will be made aware a minimum of 10 days prior to Diwali that your order may be delayed and we will offer you a $50 store credit to use on a future purchase as well.